[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Wed Dec 29 01:13:44 PST 2010

Am 28.12.2010 16:51, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dimarts, 28 de desembre de 2010, vàreu escriure:
>> Am 27.12.2010 19:40, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>>> A Dilluns, 27 de desembre de 2010, Thomas Freitag va escriure:

>>> Found some more problems, i found a pdf in which it seems that a circle
>>> is not totally filled, sending you the files.
>>>
>>> Albert
>> Playing once again patch ping pong with You. Hope, we can finish the
>> game until end of this week :-)
>> This PDF was a real headscratcher: Okay, I had some rounding problems
>> calculating the size of the bitmap needed for the pattern. But that
>> wasn't the main reason. The main reason was that only the half of the
>> circles are painted with radial pattern, and the clipping path was
>> exactly on the diameter and the outer line of the circle. Therefore the
>> use antialiasing has the effect, that is seems that the circles are not
>> totally filled. You can see that in the middle line of the circles with
>> the former patch.
>> Because there is no way to decide on the values of the shading
>> parameters wether to use antialiasing or not, I changed my mind with
>> heavy heart not using antialiasing on radial shading pattern. At least
>> the wine glass is still looking better.
> I'm getting a out of memory error when rendering the second page of
> 9af89586e41a631f6b114a7f7bc5beaf  1und1_DSL_Flyer_partner.pdf
> i think you sent me this file, if you need it mail me and i'll send it back to
> you again.
No, I didn't send You this file, but You already sent me the link to it
because of bug 27208, so I have it.
> The problem seems to be that when you calculate the scale in
> SplashRadialPattern constructor it ends up being infinite which in tourn tries
> to allocate a bitmap of infxinf in size which fails :D
Yes, You're true. Changing the order a little bit, calculating width &
height before rounding the bounding box, solves it:

   width = xMax - xMin;
   height = yMax - yMin;
   xMin = splashRound(xMin);
   xMax = splashRound(xMax);
   yMin = splashRound(yMin);
   yMax = splashRound(yMax);

BUT: pdftoppm crashes with page two in Splash::blitTransparent(), so not
in the new routines, but I want to solve that, too, before sending You a
complete new patch.

Thomas