[poppler] Issue with poppler parsing in Inkscape

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Feb 21 14:00:43 PST 2010

A Diumenge, 21 de febrer de 2010, vàreu escriure:
> Hi Albert,
>
> I am looking at the issue in inkscape:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/258504 where poppler crashes on
> PDF import. I suspect poppler usage is missing some call there. But I am
> not familiar with the internals of libpoppler.
> "ICCBased" elements cause SEGV in cache lookups. I am hoping that maybe
> by just looking at the stack and lines involved you maybe able to tell
> what is the problem?

We changed how the ICC cache is handled in poppler 0.12.2 in an ABI
incompatible change, so if your user is using distributed binaries compiled
with a different version that he is using that could be the problem. Otherwise
i would say it is your code problem if okular/evince render the files
correctly.

Albert

P.S: Do not mail me directly about poppler issues, we have a mailing list that
is much better to discuss poppler issues.