[poppler] poppler-data , recommended or required ?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Jan 16 14:33:41 PST 2010

On Sunday 17 January 2010 05:41:41 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > It is recommended as ¿most? of the files work without it.
> >
> > I don't really understand the question.
>
> Question is : should distros consider poppler-data a hard/required
> dependency or not?
So most documents will work without it. The rest ("some") will render
incorrectly, for reasons that probably aren't apparent to normal users.

Its up to the distro policies, but "works better" beats "mostly works" for me,
and the package isn't very large, so I'd suggest making it a hard dependency.

Brad