[poppler] A xpdf version based on poppler

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Fri Jul 2 01:27:26 PDT 2010

Hi there.

I don't know if this is interesting in any way or not, but I am
currently maintaining a poppler-based xpdf at

    http://github.com/rbrito/xpdf-poppler

which I announced on Debian Planet some time ago [1] [2].  If you happen
to have comments regarding this (gee, even if it is to say that "this is
pure insanity") just let me know. :-)

BTW, while I am refactoring the code, I feel an urging desire to
"modernize" the code (say, making fewer uses of some of goo-whatever).

If I happen to have any code that uses more of the standard C++ library
and fewer custom code, would that (in principle) be something that the
poppler team would like to have?

Regards, Rogério Brito.

[1] http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog/2010/05/27/please-let-me-zoom-my-documents/
[2]