[poppler] Patch to Get PDF ID

srinivas adicherla srinivas.adicherla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 03:03:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

   By considering valuable suggestions from all, I created 3 patches to get
the ID from the PDF document.

All patches do the same. But the implementation has different. I request all
to give suggestions that which is the good way, and if there is any other
better way
please let  me know.

Explanation:

patch1:
          Here I wrote getPermanentID() & getUpdateID() seperate functions.
I called these from poppler-glib to get the entire ID and return the
structure PopplerDocumentId.
          But here the repetetion of the code for getting "ID" object from
trailer dictionary and check the conditions. To elimante that,

pathc2:
          I wrote one more function getID(GooString *id, int index) in
PDFDoc.cc, and calling this from getPermanentID() and getUpdateID(), by
passing appropriate index.
          To eliminate this index thing,

patch3:
          I declare one enum PDFID
                              {
                                   permanentID,
                                   updateID
                              }
                and remove getPermanentID() and getUpdateID() functions.
Added getID(GooString *id, PDFID idType)

Iam not at good in giving names to variable & functions. Please give me
suggestions.

Please let me know when you commit this patch. If any of the patch is
considered from the above.

Thanks
--
A Srinivas