[poppler] HAVE_INTROSPECTION check fails

Harry Roberts harry at midnight-labs.org
Thu Jul 8 08:05:26 PDT 2010

Hi all, I checked out the latest poppler from git and it err'd out
with HAVE_INTROSPECTION.

When running `configure` with `--disable-cairo-output --disable-poppler-glib
--enable-introspection=no` it still runs the checks (which from looking at
configure.ac it shouldn't be doing)

If I take out the GOBJECT_INTROSPECTION_CHECK from configure.ac and remove
m4_include(m4/introspection) from aclocal.m4 it builds as normal.

>>> *snip*
checking for LIBPNG... yes
checking for FREETYPE... yes
checking which font configuration to use... fontconfig
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking for CAIRO... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking sys/mman.h usability... yes
checking sys/mman.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for POPPLER_GLIB... no
checking for gtkdoc-check... no
checking for gtkdoc-rebase... no
checking for gtkdoc-mkpdf... no
checking whether to build gtk-doc documentation... no
checking for libqt3... no
checking for POPPLER_QT4... no
checking for iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t
*inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for GTK_TEST... no
checking for ABIWORD... no
checking for LCMS... yes
configure: error: conditional "HAVE_INTROSPECTION" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
<<< *snip*