[poppler] Vertical or horizontal writing?

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 27 23:18:58 PDT 2010

Hi,

Please find attached fake vertical text produced by MS Excel
2007. Is it acceptable for you to exclude such fake vertical
text from your target?

If you try to select the text on Adobe Reader, you can find
that the order of glyph drawing is horizontal, it is stupid
fake from the viewpoint of page rendering language.

Regards,
mpsuzuki