[poppler] Broken embedded chinese characters

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 18 12:20:26 PDT 2010

A Dijous, 18 de març de 2010, Agus Syawal va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> >* Are you aware that kpdf doesn't use poppler?
>
> My apology, I should have said XPdf and not KPdf.

xpdf doesn't use poppler either (unless you are using an evil distro that
patches xpdf to use it)

> > Please enlighten me why this happens and how to fix it.
> >
> >And now the obvious question:
> >* Have you installed the poppler-data package?
>
> After you told me about it, I installed poppler-data-0.4.0 but got the same
> result. Why for other pdf it works without the need for poppler-data
> package?

Because those other PDF don't need the data in the poppler-data package.

I did not understand if it worked for you or not, if it did not, something is
wrong in your system, probably freetype as already hinted.

Albert