[poppler] undef ref error when linking against libpoppler on Windows (msys/mingw)

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Fri Oct 22 01:05:19 PDT 2010

Hey,

With MSYS/Mingw (gcc 4.5.0) I have configure poppler with just ./configure
and I removed -ansi from all the Makefile. The configure output is:

Building poppler with support for:
   font configuration: win32
   splash output:      yes
   cairo output:       no
   abiword output:     yes
   qt wrapper:         no
   qt4 wrapper:        no
   glib wrapper:       no
     use GDK:          no
     introspection:    no
   cpp wrapper:        yes
   use gtk-doc:        no
   use libjpeg:        yes
   use libpng:         yes
   use zlib:           no
   use libcurl:        no
   use libopenjpeg:    no
   use cms:            no
   command line utils: yes

When linking in utils/ and tests/, and actually with any lib, against
libpoppler, I got undefined ref for all the poppler symbols, like:

C:\msys\1.0\home\torri\tmp\poppler-0.15.1\utils/pdffonts.cc:215: undefined reference to `Dict::lookupNF(char*, Object*)'

Does someone have an idea ?

thank you

Vincent Torri