[poppler] Kerning pair information help

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Aug 11 11:43:03 PDT 2011

Hi Steve,

Excuse me, do you assume that PDF (or embedded font in PDF)
has some kerning information and PDF rendering system should
reflect it?  I'm afraid that PDF itself does not have, and,
embedded font in PDF may have it but they are simply ignored.
If you find some kerning feature that is specified in official
PDF spec and unimplemented in poppler, please let me know.

I guess, PDF production system should tune the glyph positions
strictly, and should not ask PDF rendering systems to reflect
some kerning.

Regards,
mpsuzuki