[poppler] Encoding of font names

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 29 10:31:09 PDT 2011

Today I've been working on trying to fix the names reported by pdffonts for
non latin1 fonts, I have not got anything very clear while reading the spec,
but I understood that the BaseFont string is encoded using the /Encoding
encoding. This has worked fine for some files but not for all like one that
says
/BaseFont /#CB#CE#CC#E5
/Encoding /UniGB-UCS2-H
If i try to map that to Unicode i get nothing. And Adobe Reader properly maps
that to 宋体

Any idea what is the proper manipulation one has to do over BaseFont to get
the Unicode value?