[poppler] About pdf to image

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Dec 16 23:16:13 PST 2011

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 02:09:21 PM 杨辉强 wrote:
>     I am a newbie to poppler. I use utils/pdftoppm.cc to convert a pdf
> file into jpeg images.The generated images are save to disk files. Now I
> wish to know whether it can save the images in memory such as a
> vector<std::string>.  Wishing you can give me some advices.
I'm sure that is possible, but you'd need to make some code changes (and
consider whether an arbitrary binary blob, containing nulls, is really a good
idea in a std::string). The code changes should basically be taking the
existing output writer and copying in to a memory location instead. I don't
see you'd need to make any real popper changes. How you integrate that depends
on the application you're trying to create.

What is the end-use for this?

Brad