[poppler] infinite running pdftops

Matt LaPlante mattl at google.com
Fri Feb 11 12:13:47 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Yes they are. If this does not help you, you are on your own since you
> don't
> want to share the files.

I'd love to share the files if I wouldn't be fired for it.  Regardless...

I tried commenting out various portions of code, and it definitely wasn't
limited to patterns.  Images and transparency also seemed to be taking a
huge amount of time.  I had to comment out large portions of the code to get
things to run reasonably quickly, but I'm sure it completely butchered the
output.

I finally built the code without Splash output, and suddenly pdftops
processes the over 2 hour file in about 20 seconds.  Apparently the entirety
of the load is coming from various parts of the Splash code.  I looked
around a bit, but haven't really found a description of what Splash is or
does.  I'm happy just leaving it out, but I'd like some idea of what
features I'm losing.  Is there a description of Splash somewhere?