[poppler] pdf import in Inkscap using poppler_glib and poppler_cairo

the Adib theadib at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:30:32 PST 2011

Hello Poppler team,

currently Inkscape uses poppler internal API to read in pdf files.
Those API breaks/changes from time to time.

Now I try importing pdf via poppler cairo surface and those cairo
surface as svg backend. So far that works.

But I do not have any control over the process:
- I can not set bitmap dpi
- I can not specify if text stays text or convert to path
etc.

Do you have any sugestions?

A while ago there was this disscussion about poppler_svg backend. I
did not read anything later.
What I would like is a intermediate object abstraction layer so that
it is not necesary an SVG format.
Can we achieve this?

Thank you for any coments,

regards, Adib.