[poppler] crash in python gtk application on windows xp

H3L0 x.h3l0.x at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 07:51:13 PST 2011

Hello everyone I am developing an application in python using gtk and I
am using poppler to render pdfs. I was using Think Python as a test pdf
before I started to test my application on pdfs that we would actually
use at my company and my application crashes as soon as it is loaded. I
also tried to load it in the demo application that comes with the
pypoppler sources and that crashed too. I opened the pdf in evince and
okular on windows xp and those worked fine. So I am not sure if it is a
bug in my pypoppler version or if there is something i need to do to
support the comments and javascript that is embedded in this pdf. Any
help would be appreciated.  I will see if i can post the pdf for others
to test if they would like.

here are the errors I get when debugging. (visual Studio 2010 debugger)

Unhandled exception at 0x7c9501cc in python.exe: 0xC0000029: An invalid
unwind target was encountered during an unwind operation.

/press continue /

Unhandled exception at 0x7c9501cc in python.exe: 0xC0000029: An invalid
unwind target was encountered during an unwind operation.

/press continue /

Unhandled exception at 0x77c35464 in python.exe: 0xC0000027: Unwind
exception code.

/press continue /

Unhandled exception at 0x77c354c9 in python.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x0003000a.
/
and then it stops there. /

The pypoppler version I downloaded was from Sandro Mani from here
http://n.ethz.ch/~smani/download/poppler/
after he offered to provide windows binaries on here.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/poppler-python/+bug/499592

I am using the all-in-one installer of pygtk and the poppler library
from Sandro not his gtk tree that he had. so that might be the issue.

I am currently going to try and rebuild the pypoppler lib to my gtk and
pygtk libs to see if that fixes it.

sorry for the long post I just wanted to try and put as much info into
it so that if anyone wanted to help or had an idea of what is wrong they
had as complete a picture as i could give.

Thanks
H3L0