[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 14:38:18 PST 2011

A Dimarts, 25 de gener de 2011, vàreu escriure:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Dimarts, 25 de gener de 2011, vàreu escriure:

> >> These patches replace it, they implement the same change.
> >> I think it's quite pointless to commit it just to revert it immediately,
> >> but if you like it better...
> >
> > I know they implement the same feature, but can you guarantee 100% that
> > they will not have any regression that Thomas patches we know do not
> > have?
>
> No, I can't guarantee at 100% (I wouldn't do it even for Thomas's patch,
> even if it has been tested throughly), but I'm quite confident they are as
> correct, because they performs the very same computation, which is also
> the same as the one performed in pixman and in cairo-gl (yes, I've already
> implemented radial gradients multiple times...)

I am by no means doubting that your code is wrong, i am simply expressing that
i prefer to go step by step. I don't want you to take this as any offense
because it is not meant to be.

> I did not test them as extensively as the current Thomas's patch has been
> tested, but I think that the same objection would be apply to the cleaned
> up patch (which would also require additional work).

The cleanedup up patch can be regtested automatically, i just need to check
that poppler with the cleaned up patch generates exactly the same png than
with the non cleanup of patch for all the files. Testing yours will require me
to spend again 4 hours looking at all the files that have an axial shading and
making sure the changes are improvements and not regressions, i hope you can
understand it's a different amount of work.