[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 26 00:57:44 PST 2011

A Dimecres, 26 de gener de 2011, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> A Dimarts, 25 de gener de 2011, Andrea Canciani va escriure:
> > On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > > A Dimarts, 25 de gener de 2011, vàreu escriure:

> > > I am by no means doubting that your code is wrong, i am simply
> > > expressing that i prefer to go step by step. I don't want you to take
> > > this as any offense because it is not meant to be.

> > > The cleanedup up patch can be regtested automatically, i just need to
> > > check that poppler with the cleaned up patch generates exactly the same
> > > png than with the non cleanup of patch for all the files. Testing yours
> > > will require me to spend again 4 hours looking at all the files that
> > > have an axial shading and making sure the changes are improvements and
> > > not regressions, i hope you can understand it's a different amount of
> > > work.
> >
> > The axial code is not being modified, it is just being moved around.
> >
> > The radial code should return the same images as Thomas patch
> > except for the RADIAL_EPSILON, which I set up as a "round"
> > number.
> >
> > If you plan on performing automated regtesting, please apply 0003 as
> > well and define RADIAL_EPSILON to be the same as in Thomas
> > patch (1.192092896e-07F).
> > This should be sufficient to guarantee that the code generates
> > exactly the same images as the latest patch by Thomas (assuming
> > that SPLASH_RADIAL_USEBITMAP was not defined).
> >
> > 0003 obviously cannot be committed as-is, it is in bad need of a better
> > commit message.
>
> Ok, you got me, i'll regtest your patch. Please talk with Tomas to get a
> better understanding of why we need 0003 and what it does :-)

Your patch regresses at altona_visual_1v2a_x3.pdf [1]

The circles are not totally filled in their right border. I stopped having a
look all at the other files in my regtest that change (so it might regress
somewhere else) but makes no point having a look at all the other files since
i'll have to do it anyway once you fix this regression.

Now my question is if I should commit cleaned Thomas patch or not.

Albert

[1]
http://www.eci.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=de%3Adownloads&cache=cache&media=downloads:altona_test_suite:altona_visual_1v2a_x3.pdf