[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Thu Jan 27 08:33:13 PST 2011

Am 27.01.2011 16:29, schrieb Andrea Canciani:

> IIRC you mentioned that antialiasing is disabled for axial gradients when
> they have a bbox (although I could only see that usesShape is disabled).
Gotcha: It such a "long" time ago (last october :-) ) that I forgot,
that I just turned usesShape off. My indistinct recollection comes
probably from the reason, that the outer lines of the shading object are
no more antialiased.
> Would this be sufficient for radial gradients? (It seems to be sufficient to
> work around the problem in altona, but I don't know if there are other
> difficult documents)
Unfortunately the shadings of altona have no bbox. But I tried it with a
new parameter dontUsesShape to univariateShadedFill, which I set always
to gTrue in case of radialShading and to shading->getHasBBox() in case
of axialShading. The effect was, that the vertical middle line was gone,
but I still had white glitches on the right side. So I inserted in
addition Your recalculating of the Bbox from yesterday, and then I got
the same result as if antialiasing was turned off. But I think this is
more than a hack and only with the same result we just turn antialiasing
off, so I don't like that and would prefer to try it with my patch from
today morning. But that's just a feeling....

Thomas