[poppler] poppler Digest, Vol 77, Issue 2

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Jul 2 19:31:20 PDT 2011

On Sunday 03 July 2011 12:22:28 Mohit Tanwar wrote:
> I tried apdfviewer, but its still having a lot of issues. That's the only
> reason i need to implement it by myself.
Did you consider trying to help out on apdfviewer instead?

> I also tried, converting splashoutputdev output into jpeg, but the text
> inside pdf, didn't show up. only Images in the pdf were able to render.
Strange. Does it work using the test applications in poppler?

> I also read documentation through code to implement.
> Should i share the code base which i used to convert splashoutput into
> jpeg.
Poppler contains this already. Look at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/utils/pdftoppm.cc
Does that application generate JPEG images for you? If not, then you probably
don't have poppler installed correctly. Look for a poppler-data package.

I note that JPEG probably isn't a good choice here in any case, given its so
lossy.

Brad