[poppler] another problem with saving linearized files

Hib Eris hib at hiberis.nl
Thu Jul 21 00:11:15 PDT 2011

Hi Albert,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Axel Strübing
<axel.struebing at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> nice to hear that you have got a machine for tests ...
>
>> Hmmm, i started testing and i can open correctly the three files attached
>> in this mail *without* your patch when using poppler trunk, are you sure
>> your patch is still needed?
> I know. I made the patch for the perl module (CAM::PDF) to be able to open the
> files. Poppler itself is more robust in parsing.
> I had to open the files with perl and CAM::PDF and was not able to do so.

To clarify this (Axel, please correct me if I am worng):

To problem that Alex' patch solves is that when you write a pdf
document using poppler, it does not always open with other pdf parsers
(e.g. CAM::PDF), because the startxref that poppler computes and
writes is not correct, as it does not ignore whitespace.

Hib