[poppler] Font substitution in pdftohtml

Chris Ahlers chris at slideshare.com
Wed Jun 15 11:22:14 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that with the pdftohtml util, embedded fonts in the PDF are
automatically rendered as "Times" in the HTML/CSS. I'm trying to disable the
font substitution, and have the fonts listed in the CSS match the original
PDF fonts (I realize that these won't display properly unless the user have
the correct fonts installed).

I'm looking through the code, but I don't see any obvious places in where
the original font name is discarded and substituted with "Times". Could
someone point me in the right direction so I can make these changes?

I'm generating complex documents with the -c flag.

Thanks,
-Chris