[poppler] pdftoppm busy-waiting?

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Mon Jun 27 15:28:36 PDT 2011

In data martedì 28 giugno 2011 00:17:59, Lucio Crusca ha scritto:
> In data martedì 28 giugno 2011 00:11:21, Lucio Crusca ha scritto:
> > Strace attached
>
> and here is the ltrace

Sorry don't bother wasting time on this, the input pdf wasn't actually the
same, my fault.

The problem is that the input file is empty.

I think however that pdftoppm should not enter a busy-wait loop on stdin
trying to rebuild the xref table and eating up 100% cpu in such cases... maybe
a blocking read call is possible? (I'm not skilled enough to tell myself).