[poppler] qt4: arthur backend: Page.renderToPainter renders very wide lines

Wilbert Berendsen info at wilbertberendsen.nl
Tue Mar 22 02:32:40 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am using poppler-qt4 via a Python binding[1] (created by me) and try to use
the arthur backend and renderToPainter (esp. to print a Poppler.Document.)

[1] http://code.google.com/p/python-poppler-qt4/

I found that some PDF documents, most notably PDF created by LilyPond[2] a
music sheet engraving program, display very thick lines. Both images were
generated by Page.renderToImage, but the right one using the Arthur
renderbackend. Page.renderToPainter() yields the same results.

In the attached PNG snapshots from both rendering results are visible from the
same part of a LilyPond-generated PDF document. Try e.g. a LilyPond pdf such
as [2].

[2] http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/files/mouvement.pdf

The default backend of Poppler renders LilyPond-generated documents just fine.
But I would really like to paint without generating a raster image first. As
the app I'm developing is a LilyPond editor (the upcoming 2.0, cross-platform
version of Frescobaldi), I'd very much like to find out how to print those
PDFs nicely via QPrinter! (sending through lpr is not really cross-platform.)

With best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/