[poppler] fixing-up TeX accents

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 22 15:18:54 PDT 2011

A Dimarts, 22 de març de 2011, Ross Moore va escriure:
> Hello Albert,
>
> On 23/03/2011, at 6:19 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dimarts, 22 de març de 2011, Tim Brody va escriure:
> >> Is it ok to always do this? Any circumstance where you would expect to
> >> get overlapping accents and it not be a TeX-generated combine?
> >
> > Why not make tex generate the accents correcltly? AFAIR there is an
> > option to make Tex not create stupid PDF files.
>
> What constitutes a "stupid" PDF file?

A file that instead of an "á" character contains "a" and the accent as
separate glyphs correctly positioned to look like if it was an "á"

That is fine for viewing but not fine for text extracting, and unless Adobe
Reader is doing something similar I would prefer not adding any kind of hack
to allow extracting text from those stupid PDF files.