[poppler] pdftohtml output file font

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 24 04:15:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

I think it's reasonable request. The first step would
be the improvement of utils/HtmlFonts.cc, to translate
the font specification in PDF to that for HTML.
If nobody have sufficient time to start quickly, I
want to do it when I have a time to do it. However,
non-ASCII font names (used by CJK fonts) are often
coded by PostScript syntax and many ad-hoc code would
be required to recover the original face name.

The next step would be... Although CSS can include more
information to specify a font with detailed typeface
classifications like Panose, most HTML rendering systems
won't reflect it. I guess the pragmatic solution would
be the extension of pdftohtml to generate an archive
(like MHTML or Mozilla archive) that can include HTML,
CSS and fonts.

Regards,
mpsuzuki