[poppler] Poppler 0.17.0 (0.18 Alpha) released

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 29 16:17:48 PDT 2011

Available from
http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-0.17.0.tar.gz

WARNING: This is a unstable release, it is actually 0.16 Alpha release, it
should work like any release from the 0.14 branch, but do not blame us if it
turns your blueray player into a betamax one.

Changes against the 0.16 branch:
core:
 * Splash: Implement tiling patterns
 * Splash: Support slight hinting
 * Splash: Radial shading improvements
 * Splash: General speed improvements
 * Arthur: Add Hinting API
 * Cairo: Implement Type 4,5,6,7 shadings using cairo mesh gradients
 * Cairo: Use the new cairo unique id to set the surface id when printing
 * PS: Add PS level1 non standard binary output option
 * PS: Allow setting the rasterization resolution
 * Form support improvements
 * Annotation support improvements
 * General speed improvements
 * Add support for handling ViewerPreferences
 * Remove abiword output device

utils:
 * pdftoppm: Add -singlefile option (Bug #32025)
 * pdftoppm: Add TIFF output format support (Bug #32027)
 * pdftops: Add PS level1 non standard binary output option
 * pdftops: Allow setting the rasterization resolution
 * pdftoabw has been removed

glib:
 * Add poppler_form_field_get_action() (Bug 33174)
 * Remove GDK API
 * Remove test-poppler-glib
 * demo: Add a tooltip with current selected character in text demo
 * demo: show the activation action of form fields if there's one

cpp:
 * Add TIFF output possibility
 * Add PNM output possibility

qt4:
 * Support slight hinting
 * Form support improvements

qt3:
 * The Qt3 frontend has been removed

tests:
 * Merge splash and cairo tests into a single gtk-test tool

Testing, patches and bug reports welcome.

My TODO list is:
 * Review overprint in Splash by Thomas
 * Review pdf writing by Thomas
 * Review Form-Reset and Print by gamaral (yes from almost a year ago)

If anyone has anything else that thinks it is waiting on me for further
feedback, tellme, because it's not on my list