[poppler] delay || !regtest

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 11:42:37 PDT 2011

On 18 May 2011 19:15, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Thursday, May 12, 2011, Pino Toscano va escriure:
>> Alle lunedì 9 maggio 2011, Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
>> > Unfortunately my main laptop is dead
>>
>> Ouch :/
>>
>> > and i'm now using a much slower
>> > one, this means i can not run the regtests in a reasonable amount of
>> > time (last attempt took 24hours and i was only throught half the
>> >
>> > regtest) so we can do two things:
>> >  * Delay the release a few (2 or 3) weeks until i get the computer
>> >
>> > back and can run proper regression testing
>> >
>> >  * Commit the patches hoping they will work
>>
>> I'd prefer having a delayed release but without regressions, otherwise
>> we'll spend more time later in handling eventual regressions.
>
> I'm delaying the release until my main PC gets repaired (shop dude said 2
> weeks but it's been 2 weeks already and he says 2 weeks again, if i don't get
> one in 2 weeks, i'll probably just buy a new one) and have time to run
> regtests, etc.
>
> Sorry about that.

Are the reftests easy to run from another computer?

If you send me the commands to run, e.g.:

   $ git clone poppler.git
   $ cd poppler
   $ ./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=/opt/poppler && make && make install
   $ cd ..
   $ git clone poppler-reftests.git
   $ cd poppler-reftests
   $ ./run.sh /opt/poppler

I could run the reftests on my machine then send you the log file if
that qould help.

Thanks,
- Reece