[poppler] pdfinfo can read from the standard input ?

Stefano Emilio Campanini stefano.campanini at tinvention.net
Fri May 20 03:54:51 PDT 2011

Hi

I'm using poppler from a while, I find it of high quality and very
performant also on big files, in particular the tools pdftoppm and
pdfinfo.

The question: seems to be not possible having pdfinfo tool reading the
file from the standard input, is it true ? Or I have missed something
?

stefano at tinvention-notebook-asus:~$ pdfinfo < Desktop/servlet-30.pdf
pdfinfo version 0.12.4
Copyright 2005-2009 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org
Copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC
Usage: pdfinfo [options] <PDF-file>
  -f <int>         : first page to convert
  -l <int>         : last page to convert
  -box             : print the page bounding boxes

stefano at tinvention-notebook-asus:~$ pdfinfo Desktop/servlet-30.pdf
Creator:        cairo 1.7.4 (http://cairographics.org)
Producer:       cairo 1.7.4 (http://cairographics.org)
Tagged:         no

Another question, the pdfinfo help report the "-f" and "- l"
parameters saying "first page to convert" , does pdfinfo convert pages
? Is it a mistake ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Stefano

--