[poppler] Retrieve all objects from a PDF file

Nedim Srndic nedim.sh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:09:16 PDT 2011

I tried out Poppler 13 from Ubuntu 11.10 and I get the same results. As
far as I understand, if I look for an object in XRef using fetch(), and
that object is in an object stream, the XRef then uncompresses the
object and returns it to me, so that I don't even know that it was
compressed in the first place? If things don't work this way, what
approach should I take?

That being said, I tried this approach with both Poppler 7 and 13 and
two PDF files with object streams. When I do an XRef->fetch() with
generation number 0 and object number of an object in the object stream,
I get a null object for all objects except the first one that is packed
in the object stream. The first one isn't extracted fully. Is this a
known issue?

Nedim