[poppler] Unit of the result from pageSize() and pageSizeF()

Joachim Langenbach joachim at falaba.de
Thu Nov 24 11:01:28 PST 2011

Good evening Albert!

On Thursday 24 November 2011 18:52:52 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dijous, 24 de novembre de 2011, a les 09:04:45, Joachim Langenbach va
>
> escriure:
> > Good morning everybody,
>
> Morning, assuming this questions are about the Qt4 frontend, if they are
> not, please be more specific when asking

You're right, they are about the qt4 frontend.

> > I'm trying to calculate scale factors and it is a little bit confusing.
> > So what is the unit of the sizes returned by pageSize and pageSizeF? Is
> > it dots?
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~aacid/docs/qt4/classPoppler_1_1Page.html#a466
> 525e6988b199176d3d68dd0099bf1 The dimensions (cropbox) of the page, in
> points (i.e. 1/72th on an inch)

Yes, I've read that, but I doesn't get it. Does it mean 1/72th points/inch or
what? They first said, the unit are points and the example tells something from
inch.

> > And what is the unit of the parameters renderToImage(xres, yres)? Are
> > those resolutions in dots/inch?
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~aacid/docs/qt4/classPoppler_1_1Page.html#a43b
> b866fa1f848156799eb8d9e38d0aa the parameters (x, y, w, h) in pixel
> coordinates

The coordinates yes. But what unit have the parameters xres and yres, which
are used to calculate the resolution and the size of the image.

But still thanks for your answer!

Regards,
Joachim