[poppler] track build version in output

Josh Richardson jric at chegg.com
Fri Oct 7 15:01:51 PDT 2011

On 10/7/11 2:44 PM, "Yury G.  Kudryashov" <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> wrote:
>What is the problem with POPPLER_VERSION variable?

It's an interesting idea.  I was thinking it would be safer to leave that
value unmolested.  As it stands, the POPPLER_VERSION variable only
contains the major, minor, and micro version of the poppler official
release.  I'm looking for a finer-grained version number (which won't get
checked in), and will track the state of my build between when changes are
officially released from Albert's master repository.

Perhaps it would be cleaner to add a fourth version level to that same
version number, and pray to the gods that I don't have to spend much time
fixing up any assumptions about three version levels in the build
system(s).  Comments welcome on which is the best approach.

>BTW, don't forget that poppler has two buildsystems, and you should
>adjust
>both of them.

Sure, I am happy to do that if anyone besides me expresses an interest in
this feature.

Thanks for your help, Yury!

--josh