[poppler] Drawing styledForm Widgets

jose.aliste at gmail.com jose.aliste at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:53:00 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<carlosgc at gnome.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of mar oct 11 14:07:07 +0200 2011:
>
> No, I think he means drawing current forms with the same style as the
> widgets, using the current theme, but using real widgets for the
> interactivity with the user.
yeah, the idea is to use real widgets, but to get the rendering or the
style from poppler so the widgets
can render the text exactly as poppler would do.  In Gtk3, one way of
doing this is to get the constructed AP stream and then use that to
construct a CSS style that would be apply to the GtkEntry
corresponding to that form field, the other way of doing it is to try
to hook up the rendering into poppler, but let the widget use its
machinery for everything else (not sure if that's really possible in
gtk, but nevertheless)

> I don't know how it's done in okular, but
> in Evince, we only use a real widget when the user clicks on a form,
> and it's destroyed when the form is edited. This way we don't need to
> keep widgets in the view all the time if they are not used. For some
> forms like check and radio buttons we don't even use real
> widgets. This way if you draw a choice widget exactly the same a
> GtkComboBox would be, when you click on the form to edit it, ideally you
> wouldn't even notice there wasn't a real widget.

Yeah, the main point is that when you are editing the form, you don't
notice there is this widget there...
specially annoying is the fact that the text style changes when you
hide the form.

Greetings,

José