[poppler] poppler and TeX Live -- request for a few modifications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 04:51:51 PDT 2011

A Divendres, 14 d'octubre de 2011, Martin Schröder vàreu escriure:
> 2011/10/14 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > I agree with you, it is an unnecessary complication, just use libpoppler
> > library instead of compiling your own copy and everything is solved :-)
>
> Not everything as we provide statically compiled binaries for TeXLive
> and use in-tree copies of the needed libs (e.g. poppler) for that.

Well, that is your choice, you can still link against a static poppler build
instead of embedding code the code in your repo.

Anyway:

 * patch-01-PDF_PARSER_ONLY
Applied, does not make much sense having PDF_PARSER_ONLY in poppler

 * patch-10-exclude-body-of-Page_getDefaultCTM
Having PDF_PARSER_ONLY in poppler makes not much sense, so rejected

 * patch-04-mingw
Having PDF_PARSER_ONLY in poppler makes not much sense, so rejected. Maybe you
can actually fix the problem instead of workarounding it?

 * patch-03-POPPLER_VERSION
Is this for when you use the embedded copy or for when you link against the
external lib?

 * patch-02-warnings
Which compiler/flags give you the need for this?

Albert