[poppler] Font List of PDF Files

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Oct 31 07:23:39 PDT 2011

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> Only Subset(ted) fonts get a prefix - full embeds do not.

I was not aware of that full embeds do not need the randomized prefix,
thank you for correction.

> Merging subsets is difficult but not impossible - Acrobat does this when
> you merge documents, for example.

Yes, theoretically it is possible... I was thinking that Acrobat
does something like re-subsetting & re-embedding of the font when
the source font of the subsetted/embedded fonts is available on
the system Acrobat is running on. Thank you for correction of
my misunderstanding, again.

Regards,
mpsuzuki