[poppler] Poppler reg tests

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Tue Sep 13 06:14:57 PDT 2011

Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of mar sep 13 14:13:37 +0200 2011:
> A Dimarts, 13 de setembre de 2011, Carlos Garcia Campos vàreu escriure:
> > Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of mar sep 13 12:27:27 +0200 2011:
> > > A Dilluns, 12 de setembre de 2011, Carlos Garcia Campos vàreu escriure:
> > >
> > > Hi

> > > Yeah, the documents to skip is important, i have a few files here that
> > > cause infinite loops because of errors in things we do not control
> > > (like openjpeg) and i need to be able of ignoring those.
> >
> > For now, as a workaround you could rename the files to skip as something
> > like pdf_document_i_want_to_skip.pdf.skip, since only .pdf files are
> > used.
>
> Poor man solution, but yeah, would work

It's a workaround not a real fix, I'll implement proper skipped list soon.

> > > It would be good to have some sense of how the test is progressing, the
> > > problem at the moment is that files are tested in "random" order, so can
> > > not use the current file to know how much is left. It would be good
> > > either to sort the files or to get a "1 of 1000" text to know how much
> > > is left
> >
> > Yes, it happened to me yesterday too, it would take a bit longer, but
> > I guess it's better to get information about the tests first, sort it,
> > and then iterate it to create the refs and run the tests.
>
> Yeah, time "lost" time should be really small compared to real running time

Sure, I'll do it.

> > > I am not sure the "Test run in X seconds" works, see here
> > >
> > > $ time ~/devel/poppler/regtest/poppler-regtest --utils-
> > > dir=/home/tsdgeos/devel/poppler/build-old/utils/ --backends=splash
> > > run-tests --refs-dir=./refs --out-dir=./out .
> > > Testing './alumnes_normativa.pdf' using splash backend: PASS
> > > Total 1 tests
> > > 1 tests passed (100.00%)
> > > Tests run in 0 seconds
> > >
> > > real    0m1.101s
> > > user    0m1.690s
> > > sys     0m0.097s
> > >
> > > That 0 seconds seem wrong either to the 1.1 real or 1.6 user seconds
> >
> > The timer only counts the time to create-refs and run-test, no the
> > whole program, it shouldn't be much different, though. I assumed that
> > in most of the cases it will take more than once, and if it didn't,
> > the time spent doesn't really matter, so it doesn't give
> > milliseconds. Try with a test that takes a bit longer.
>
> Ok, giving it more work reported correct times.

Great.

> > > Sending in a patch to make it work with Python 3, seems to work fine
> > > with
> > > Python 2 too. Basically uses the "new" syntax for print and exceptions
> > > and opens a few files in binary mode as they are not plaintext.
> >
> > Great!, maybe it's better to just commit what I have, so that you can
> > commit this patch directly.
>
> I'm a bit hesitant to commiting this before we branch for 0.18. If you want to
> commit it now i can create the branch for 0.18.x today so you can commit it to
> master.

Note that this is intended to be used from a git clone, it's not
thought to be included in tarballs, so it shouldn't affect any
release.

> Albert
>

> > > Albert
> >
> > Regards,