[poppler] qt3 frontend

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sat Sep 17 01:30:46 PDT 2011

If old Qt3 wrapper of poppler is separated as an individual source package
and self-standing autoconf is included, it will serve for the people sticking
to KDE3? I will be able to do such. I'm afraid KDE people prefers cmake, but
I have no skill for it.

I have to note that Qt3 wrapper is dropped during 0.16.x API, so its
original source does not match with the latest poppler 0.17.x (Link and
AnnotLink are merged on 2011-Mar-01). The current mismatch is so small and
easy to fix (I could do it), but nobody can guarantee that next mismatch
would be small again (if big, I won't do, because I'm not KDE user so I
cannot test at all).

I'm questionable whether KDE3 community have sufficient human resource to
investigate the mismatch and fix them continuously. As Albert already pointed out,
using older/unmaintained source would be stable solution, if no human resource
for such work is unavailable in KDE3 community.

Regards,
mpsuzuki