[poppler] pdftohtml lets you run random shell commands

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 13:51:15 PDT 2012

El Dijous, 19 d'abril de 2012, a les 14:43:56, William Bader va escriure:
> I don't understand why converting pdf to html requires gs to rasterize to
> png, especially when pdftoppm can generate png.

Me either, we inherited pdftohtml from some other dead project via krh forcing
it on us when he was the maintainer, if it had been my decision pdftohtml
would not be part of poppler, it's code quality is worse than the rest of
poppler.

I'm all for removing it, but that might bring some unwanted dead threats

Albert