[poppler] About parseCharName in GfxFont.cc

王璐 coolwanglu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:42:58 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

   I'm working a project called pdf2htmlEX, where characters have to be
displayed in Unicode, instead of charcodes.

   Usually this is done by ToUnicode map, but I've many bad mapping for
Type 1 font, where Type 1 font itself provides good mappings.

   So I'm going to disable ToUnicode map for Type 1(C) fonts, I need to
handle the mapping myself.

   I've found the parseCharName function in GfxFont.cc, is it ok if we make
it extern, since it's a standard function following Adobe's Convention?

   Thanks!

   regards
   - Lu Wang
   2012.08.24