[poppler] pdf chinese font broken

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Aug 30 22:33:06 PDT 2012

It's dependent with which output device you choose.

* SplashOutputDev has a public method to enable/disable the hinting,
  setFreeTypeHinting(), see SplashOutputDev.h. The initial setting
  of the boolean switch is done in the constructor
  SplashOutputDev::SplashOutputDev(), see SplashOutputDev.cc.

* CairoOutputDev has no public method to enable/disable the hinting.
  For hardwired setting, see how cairo_ft_font_face_create_for_ft_face()
  is invoked in CairoFontEngine.cc.

* ArthurOutputDev has a public method to enable/disable the hinting,
  setFontHinting().

Regards,
mpsuzuki