[poppler] Poppler newbie

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 05:08:56 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:35 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dimecres, 26 de desembre de 2012, a les 03:12:14, Jaydeep Solanki va
> escriure:
> > Hi guys,
> > I have just started with poppler & I'm quite happy with its simplicity.
> > I'm using poppler-qt4, and I have got some doubts..
> >
> > 1) While using Poppler::Page::search(...), poppler doesn't seem to be
> > following the column order.
> > I mean if a document has a two column layout, then while search it
> doesn't
> > follow that layout.
> > "Correct me if I'm missing something.."
>
> No it doesn't.

As Okular supports it, please point me to the implementation of this
feature.

> > 2) I want to know more about annotations, but can't find any example or
> > documentation.
> > It would be really nice of you, if you can help me out with this.
>
> Okular code, in which you've already worked, it's full of examples. The
> documentation is in the header files, mostly poppler-annotation.h

Thanks.
Currently I display pdf in a QLabel, using pixmap, which doesn't allow
me to select text, however I use QRubberBand to select a QRect and get the
text out of it, but that's kinda ugly. What does Okular use for text
selection?

Jaydeep