[poppler] pdfseparate PDF/X conform

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Thu Feb 2 00:34:08 PST 2012

Hi Leonard!

Thanks for the hints!

Am 02.02.2012 07:39, schrieb Leonard Rosenthol:
> Offhand:
>
> - You copy the Info dict, but not XMP
That's not true: XMP is part of the catalog dict, and that's now
completely copied!
> - You copy TrimBox, but not BleedBox.
Okay, I saw that in the documentation, but because Acrobat hadn't
claimed that when checking compatibiliy I didn't care.
> - You took OUT the OCG copier, which means X-4 and X-5 aren't supported
Same as the first point: instead of copying ONLY the optional content, I
copy now the COMPLETE catalog dict  (and referenced objects, with
changes to the pages of course!)

> As I said, there are 8 different flavors of PDF/X.  Are you only testing
> this with X-1a:1999?   What about all the others??
I tested up to PDF/X-3:2003

Thomas