[poppler] pdfseparate PDF/X conform

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Thu Feb 2 06:30:59 PST 2012

Am 01.02.2012 19:19, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dimecres, 1 de febrer de 2012, a les 18:32:45, Thomas Freitag va escriure:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I was surprised that some guys are really using my small tools
>> pdfseparate and pdfunite. So here a small patch which is hopefully also
>> useful for them:
>>
>> patch for psdseparate:
>> Produce  PDF/X conform pdf pages if the originally PDF was PDF/X conform.
> I've commited it to trunk for 0.20 release, i have to confess i have not tried
> to understand/regtest it.
You see me really contrite: Because of the discussion with Leonard I
suddenly encountered that I forgot to merge an important change: Using
markPageObjects now also with the catalog dict we need of course to
remove the dict entries from catalog which refers to other pages as the
one which should be separated. I forgot to merge this to my new git
copy, therefore it wasn't part of the patch. But unfortunately without
it a lot of PDF can no more be handled with pdfseparate, and a lot of
PDF objects will be kept in the resulting file even if no more referenced.
'Cause You already committed my patch, here just the part which was
missing.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Thomas