[poppler] pdftoppm - Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'

Stefano Emilio Campanini stefano.campanini at tinvention.net
Wed Feb 8 05:27:16 PST 2012

Hi guys,

I'm using the poppler powerful libs to create images from pdf pages,
via pdftoppm on windows machines.
It works very well, but some pages of some pdf docs get pdftoppm.exe
going in error.
The error messages are similar to this:

returned 1 , stderr: Error: Couldn't find a font for
'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'RORAEO+CourierNewPS-BoldMT', subst is
'Helvetica'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'RORAEO+CourierNewPS-BoldMT', subst is
'Helvetica'

Adobe Reader read it without problems.

Can anyone suggest me a way to solve this ?

Thanks in advance.
Stefano

--
Tinvention - Ingegneria Informatica -