[poppler] Black boxes in output of pdftoppm

Ralph ralph at plangrid.com
Mon Feb 13 09:33:01 PST 2012

Hi folks,

I'm using the git master branch of poppler and using pdftoppm to convert a pdf to png. With certain pages I'm getting black boxes strewn about the output image.

See attached image for the results, this happens with both the jpeg and png conversions.

Errors were:
Error (86695): Unknown compression method in flate stream
Error (86695): CCITTFax row is wrong length (972)

About 100 times

I really wish I could share the PDF but it's "confidential" as per our clients request… I'm going to try to reproduce the error with some public domain pdf.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Ralph G.

--
Ralph G.
(co-founder of plangrid.com, blueprints on the iPad)