[poppler] Extracting word and image position from PDF

Dan Filimon dangeorge.filimon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:59:38 PST 2012

Hi everyone!

I've been looking for ways to extract image and word positions (also
how words form sentences and paragraphs would be useful) from a PDF.
I'd like to get maps of words/images to rectangles (position, width, height).

Also, it would really be great if I could get the positions and
hierarchy for every object on a page (sorry about my vague terminology
when it comes to PDF, I've never worked with it). I tried looking at
the code but there don't seem to be many comments and I can't find any
documentation...

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot,
Dan