[poppler] poppler pdftops regressions

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Fri Feb 24 00:33:03 PST 2012

Am 23.02.2012 23:18, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dijous, 23 de febrer de 2012, a les 14:36:29, William Bader va escriure:
>> Hi,
> Hi
>
>> I am using a 32-bit i686 version of Fedora 14 Linux.
>> I copied poppler from git earlier today (Feb 23, 2012), and noticed two
>> problems.
>>
>> pdftops -level1 does not seem to handle bitmaps well.
>> My test files 020_ReadMe_Ghent_Output_Patch.pdf (Ghent Output Suite
>> document), bug-poppler27482-precision.pdf (Herbstfest bei MEIFORT ad),
>> elp-B83378-gray.pdf, and testimagemask.pdf (real estate ad with photos of
>> six agents at the bottom) showed like checkerboards. The size is what I
>> expect, and they don't get errors.  I suspect that the problem is a change
>> in the image code in the pdftops prolog.
>>
>> pdftops -binary no longer has much effect.
>> It is present PSOutput.cc in the recent tarball release of 0.18.4, but about
>> half of the code is missing in the git version. Was that intentional, or
>> did a patch get applied to a branch that was not later merged?
> The patch was merged correctly but Thomas smashed your changes when merging
> xpdf303 changes and we did not realize
Sorry if I missed something. I'll have a look at it at the weekend, I'm
anyway working on a patch for CJK fonts in PSOutput. Are the "old"
patches from William available? It's probably easier to look into the
patches and see what is missing now (of course together with comparing
code between tarball and git). Also it would be nice to have
elp-B83378-gray.pdf and testimagemask.pdf for testing, the other I have.
Didn't think that still someone use level1 option :-) Aren't that
printers been already in a museum?

Thomas