[poppler] Migrating poppler to liblcms2 from liblcms1

Koji Otani sho at bbr.jp
Sun Jan 15 22:09:02 PST 2012

From: Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
Subject: Re: [poppler] Migrating poppler to liblcms2 from liblcms1
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:47:10 +0100

aacid> El Divendres, 13 de gener de 2012, a les 18:39:56, Koji Otani va escriure:
aacid> > Sorry, There is a silly bug in previous path.
aacid> > Please use this patch.
aacid>
aacid> I sent a similar patch ages ago to the list, then i realized lcms2 was giving
aacid> us much worse performance numbers than lcms1 and dropped the patch. Have you
aacid> done some measuing of the performance?
aacid>

Sorry, I didn't know that. I'll do some more investigation.
---
Koji Otani.

aacid>
aacid> > --------
aacid> > Koji Otani.
aacid> >
aacid> > From: Koji Otani <sho at bbr.jp>
aacid> > Subject: [poppler] Migrating poppler to liblcms2 from liblcms1
aacid> > Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:26:25 +0900 (JST)
aacid> > Message-ID: <20120113.182625.27577732.sho at bbr.jp>
aacid> >
aacid> > sho> Hi,
aacid> > sho> I'm Koji Otani
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> poppler is using liblcms1 for color-management.
aacid> > sho> But liblcms1 is not maintained any more upstream as it is
aacid> > sho> replaced by liblcms2. liblcms1 has no good protection against
aacid> > sho> crashes (segmentation faults) and issues with color accuracy.
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> So, I think that we should poppler from liblcms1 to liblcms2.
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> I made a patch to do so and attach it.
aacid> > sho> It can also use liblcms1 for old platform.
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> Please check it and apply it to the repository.
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> Thanks in advance.
aacid> > sho>
aacid> > sho> ----------