[poppler] Segmentation fault with pdfseparate

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 09:16:32 PST 2012

El Dimarts, 31 de gener de 2012, a les 08:52:20, Ralph Gootee va escriure:
> Hi folks,

Hi.

> We just switched from pdftk/pypdf to poppler for our pdf splitting needs and
> have so far been very happy.
> Recently we found a file where pdfseparate fails with a segmentation fault:
> > > pdfseparate -f 1 -l 1 AYC\ 50CD\ -\ Drawings.pdf test1.pdf
>
> [1] 12864 segmentation fault pdfseparate -f 1 -l 1 AYC\ 50CD\ -\
> Drawings.pdf test1.pdf
>

> However pdftoppm works fine on the same file / page combo.
> Platform: OS X, installed poppler via brew
>
> Would be happy to share the file / any other data that could help you!

For your report to be useful you need to specify, the poppler version you are
using, the backtrace you are getting on the crash and a link to the file.

But mainly i think you're just not using poppler 0.18.3 and hitting a derivate
of bug #44659

Albert