[poppler] Using the poppler utils in my software

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:06:38 PDT 2012

Actually you probably want to use pdftoxml, including in the
poppler-utils. If that is giving you too many mistakes, maybe checkout
an OCR engine such as Tesseract.

Reparsing the XML shouldn't give you too much trouble; if it is, ask
me and I'll give you access to the poppler repo I modified ~8 months
ago which included my algorithms for extracting logical structure
information from PDFs by post-processing the XML and regenerating XML
containing the modified markup.