[poppler] Postscript got from pdftops has some glyphs missing

shyama shyama.venugopal at emc.com
Fri Jul 20 00:24:44 PDT 2012

Hi ,

I am new to poppler and postscript. I am using poppler to generate ps from
pdf with the following command,

	> pdftops.exe –level2 “c:\sample.pdf”

I am then passing the output ps to ghostscript to get a PDF/X-3 conformant
file. When I run Adobe preflight on the PDF from GS I see an error saying
“glyphs are missing in the embedded font” .

I am asking this question in the poppler forum because when I do pdf->ps->
pdfx in ghostscript I do not see any errors with the final pdfx file. But I
prefer to use poppler for the pdf->ps step as the quality is much better.
Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do.

Thanks in advance,
Shyama